Monday, September 17, 2012

Brompton S2L The Review

Why did you sell your road bike and change to a Brompton? You sold your soul.

Sorry, mate. It's beyond my control. My office moved which means it will take about the whole an hour and 45 minutes to cycle door-to-door. I do not want to spent 3,5 hours daily on the road to be honest. However I still love to cycle. It keeps me fit and the pleasure of cycling is second to none. With a Brompton I am still able to cycle on parts of my journey to the office.

Why Brompton? There are lots of other folding bikes out there...

It's pretty small when you fold it. You can tuck it nicely next to your seat in a train or tube. I have another folding bike and it is still BIG even when folded. But the killer feature is how quick it is to fold the bike. Less than 30 seconds. Yes, you hear me right. Less than 30 seconds so you have no reasons to miss your train.


Okay. I got it. But don't you think the wheels are too small?

I have the same opinions until I try to ride it. The wheels are small but it doesn't affect ride quality. I used to ride a road bike and do not have difficulties whatsoever in switching to a Brompton. It feels smooth and natural for me, which is rather very comforting. The first time I ride it I know I take the right decision.

It is expensive, right? 

Yes and that's why I make use of this brilliant scheme. I do not know exactly how it works but I do know I will save some money in the process.

I am interested now. Why do you choose S type instead of M? And two speeds?

I choose S simply because it is better in term of handling. With flat bar the bike feels much more responsive. And the two speeds I think it is more than enough for me. I do not have complicated routes: a rather hilly road near my house and fully flat from Charing Cross to Bond Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment