Sunday, September 18, 2011

Cycle in London for the first time

It was Friday afternoon, about 5 pm in August. I know it was not a perfect time to cycle for the first time in busy London roads. It rained heavily as well.

However, that was the agreed time that I had to collect my road bike.

So, when the rain eased I went out from a Halfords store and braced myself with the unknown ahead. It was the first time for me to cycle on roads after so many years.

I cycled slowly. The cars that passing me seemed went very quick. Suddenly the road went downhill and the bike picked up speed.



Then I entered a roundabout. A big truck appeared on my right and went into the first exit on my left. The bike was still in high speed and I had to stop it.

I was not really familiar with this new bike and I had to stop it. Quickly. I braked and the bike stopped.

Phew. That was close. I went to pavement and took a break. I told myself, be very very careful. No need to be afraid but just be aware with traffic ahead.

After 20 minutes I arrived at home in one piece.

It was scary experience. But I have learnt a lot from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment