Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I just don't want to cycle today...

There are times when I feel so tired that I don't want to cycle. I have to admit, it puts me off sometimes thinking about pedalling 18 miles to the office and another 18 miles back home, negotiating traffics all the way from Woolwich, Greenwich, Surrey Quays, London Bridge and Holborn.

So sometimes I go back to my old routine and take train (sorry....) and leave my bike at home.

Taking train means I have a luxury to read and I always bring bicycle magazines in my bag. As a cyclist convert I like to read various articles on shiny new bikes (which will set you back hundreds of pound in case you want one) and on cycling.

And you know what, just by reading those magazines, my desire to cycle to work is suddenly increased dramatically. And it will be multiplied when I walk along Strand and seeing so many people cycle.

So when I feel tired and bored of cycling I know exactly what to do.  As long as I get magazines (or books or cycling blogs) I am ready to cycle again...

No comments:

Post a Comment