Friday, September 23, 2011

Ready, cycle, pray

"So you cycle to work now?" a good friend of mine said to me the other day. I nodded. "Why did you ask?" I said.

"Well, just be very, very careful. I saw a cyclist knocked down by a bus in front of Waldorf Hotel this morning," she said.

"I don't know how bad the injury is. But I saw a pool of blood. It doesn't look good," she added.

It is not the first time I hear this kind of sad story: another cyclist knocked down on London roads.
Our safety doesn't depend entirely on our own hands.

There are reckless and mindless motorists out there. So, to be aware of road situation is a must. Look well ahead, glance to the right and to the left from time to time and always be ready to brake at anytime. Oh, one more thing. Don't forget to pray...

No comments:

Post a Comment